Intuit launched QuickBooks many decades ago, and since then, it has continuously improved to become the best bookkeeping software today. It has assisted numerous users with trustworthy accounting and securely storing business data. This data can be shared among many users connected to the multi-user network used by QuickBooks. Internetplays a crucial role in the functioning of the software, and any issues in the connectivity triggerQuickBooks network connection error in the software. If you were also randomly interrupted by this error, continue reading ahead for the causes of this error and the steps you can take to resolve it from your QuickBooks.
Our QB support team is always available for your help at +1-855-856-0042.
About this error
This error develops when QuickBooks faces issues connecting to the internet or sharing files in the multi-user network. Any interruption in the data transmission due to lapses in the connection to the server threatens the software’s efficiency. This error can occur randomly while working on QuickBooks, and the task you were working on will stop after displaying this error message on the screen. The software can freeze for some time or crash after receiving the error.
The most probable causes for this error are mentioned below-
- The Network descriptor file(.nd) is damaged or missing from its default location in the drive.
- You are using an unstable internet connection that doesn’t provide sufficient internet speed required by QuickBooks.
- Windows firewall has isolated QuickBooks from any network and cannot establish a connection due to these restrictions.
Thisis the method that’ll help you to remove this error from your QuickBooks-
You may also read: QuickBooks company file not found
Solution 1- Add ports required by QuickBooksin the Windows firewall settings
The software won’t be able to connect to the internet or any other network if the firewall has blocked its files, taking them as a threat or malware. You’ll have to add ports for QuickBooks in the firewall settings to prevent it from getting blocked-
- Type ‘Windows Firewall’ in the search panel located in the taskbar or access it through the Windows Start
- Open Windows Defender Firewall with advanced security from the search results.
- Click on the Inbound Rules option and select Actions on the right.
- Click New Rule.
- SelectPortbefore clicking
- You’ll see an option ‘Does this rule apply to TCP or UDP’, chooseTCP.
- Tap on the Specific local ports option&fill in the required ports as mentioned below for different QB versions-
- Click Next after you have selected the ports.
- ClickAllow the connection and then tap on
- Give a desired name to this new rule.
- Finally, click Finish.
Now, select Outbound Rules instead of Inbound Rules and repeat all the steps. After you are done with it, reopen your QuickBooks and try to perform the task that developed errors last time.
You’ll face no issues while using QuickBooks now; if you do, try to upgrade your internet connection.
This is the end of our blog that explains why you were troubled by the QuickBooks network connection Error. We also mentioned some solutions to this issue that you can easily apply. We hope the method was easy to use and your QuickBooks is free from errors now.
You can talk to a QB professional at +1-855-856-0042 if you have any more doubts regarding this issue.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 15106