The fashion for salon nail salons has been fixed for a long time. This profitable business does not require large investments – they amount to about 300,000 USD. The profit is up to 100,000 USD every month.
According to statistics, 42% of the masters have about 30 clients during the week, and 23% have more than 30. In addition, 50% of USA women do nail salons, and 37% do pedicures.
The difficult economic situation in the country is reflected in profits. Another disadvantage of the nail salon business plan is high competition. However, premium-class services are already filled, and the niche focused on clients with average incomes is 50% formed.
The target audience
The target audience is mainly women from 16 to 55 years old. They go to the salon 1-4 times a month. Mothers on maternity leave, housewives and other non-working women constitute a separate category. Men make up 5% of all visitors.
When creating a range of services, consider the following points:
- salary level;
- preferences of the target audience;
- the needs of the population;
It will be useful to analyze the information:
- contact details of the client;
- date of the first visit;
- the right time to visit;
- total number of visits;
- to which master the client went;
- customer’s opinion about the specified service.
So you can find out the attitude towards the salon to develop a strategy for attracting a new audience.
Classification of nail salon business
There are several formats of nail salon services:
Nail salon room. The room is designed for two masters. This is a classic format with a package of standard services, minus the small area.
Salon-studio. All types of nail salons and pedicures are performed by qualified personnel. Pros – high prices, cons – a large investment.
Express nail salons in shopping centers. It is not as expensive as the salons, and there is also high traffic. The downside is that it is expensive to rent and has a psycho-emotional factor: it can be difficult for clients to relax in a crowded center. Therefore, this business cannot be expanded.
Nail salon at home. The business requires almost no initial investment and no registration at first. This option is suitable for an aspiring entrepreneur. Additionally, it is practical for the master. The disadvantage is the absence of a reputation. Customers have more faith in qualified artisans and services.
To register a business, an individual entrepreneur and LLC are suitable. An open bank account is required. A simplified taxation system or a single tax on imputed income is suitable for individual entrepreneurs.
- certificate of registered individual entrepreneur or LLC;
- permission from the sanitary and epidemiological station;
- permission from the fire inspectorate;
- certificate of tax registration;
- registration with the FSS and the Pension Fund.
A nail salon business does not need a large package of documents. However, you need to know that inspections of the sanitary and epidemiological stations will be carried out.
The size of the premises depends on the type of business. For example, it is better to open a salon or office in areas with high traffic, where there is transport, intersections of sleeping areas, and shopping centers.
For three jobs, you need at least 30 sq. m. The area is required for:
- working areas;
- utility room;
On average, you will have to pay for rent 25 thousand USD.
The higher the quality of service, the more customers and, therefore, profits. Therefore, you need to ensure a specialist’s qualifications before hiring.
Requirements for a candidate:
- qualified education;
- sanitary book with a medical examination;
- Certificates and diplomas on completion of courses and master classes.
In any nail salon business plan, word of mouth works best. The more positive reviews from satisfied customers, the more attractive the service is to the target audience. So one client told others – and so on down the chain. That is, it will become an advertisement.
You can also resort to the following marketing measures:
- Print advertising: booklets, announcements, flyers.
- Business Cards. They can be handed out at events with an appropriate audience.
- Sites and groups in social networks. Most customers find the necessary product and services on the Internet. Advertising on the Internet will cost 15,000 USD.
- Customer-oriented strategies. You create a database of phones, then offer discounts and special offers to them.
- Signage is attractive to customers. The installation will cost 15,000 USD.
Pay attention to the opening of the salon. Think over decorations, prizes, and master classes. Of course, a photo report posted on social networks will not hurt either.
Think over the design for printed products:
- The brighter and more creative business cards
- Flyers and announcements
- The higher the public’s interest
A nail salon or home business – what to choose?
A salon is the best solution for a professional master who does not have the investment to open his office.
You will not be responsible for the work of other specialists and will spend money on developing business processes.
Not everyone likes to do a nail salon at someone’s home.
Nail salon Business Risks
- Competition. You must apply modern technologies to attract customers and make special offers and promotions.
- Service level control. The more dissatisfied customers, the greater the impact on the business.
For more information visit business plan consultant.
Click here to read more articles.